Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Superbad

I've gone to see Superbad three times already. And for some reason, every time it gets better and better for me. By this time I can probably quote the entire movie by memory, a fact I don't know if I am proud or ashamed of. For any of you thinking about watching Superbad for the first time I only have one warning: be prepared for the raunchy humor. It is full of great comedy for people who like the vulgar of teenage life. The second time I went to see this movie, as I was entering the theater a probably 70 year old grandmother with her two very small grandchildren came storming up to the front desk demanding their money back, saying "this movie was nothing like the previews, it should have been rated x!"

Well as much as I enjoyed making fun of them, Granny had a point. If you think that this movie was on the edge of rated PG-13 to R and they just decided randomly to move it to R, you are sadly mistaken. The storyline is about a small group of high school boys trying to get alcohol for girls so that they will get drunk and sleep with them. To some people this sounds like a movie to steer very clear of, but for me it sounds like great comedy.

Now comes the part where I must critique this movie and give it my own little rating. It was very quotable, good situational comedy as well. The plot tied the three stories together well at the end which worked well for the movie. Language was really rough which for this movie I am actually counting as a bonus. I give this movie a solid A grade for these reasons. You may agree or disagree, but I recommend seeing this movie right away.

5 comments:

frenchy_summertime said...

Your review makes me want to go see this movie. It clear without giving away an of the good events of the movie.

dg said...

Grandmothers crack me up. I mean, if it's Rated R... hey it's probably not going to be for Grandchildren.

I haven't had a chance to see it, but this makes me want to make time even more. I can't wait for your Saw IV review in a few weeks :)

KayeDMB20 said...

I absolutely agree.. best movie since... I don't know what. What was even better.. saw it for FREE at Canary Creek

JCrothers said...

great minds think alike ;)
my blog is kinda like this too haha
good movie btw. i used it on my site as well

HDonahue said...

i have not seen this movie yet, but i've heard it is hilarious. your review makes me want to see it even more!!!